Due to growth in the Marlborough area, we now require both an Intermediate Structural Engineer and a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Engineering department.
The people we are looking for will ideally possess the following:
• Graduate qualified with a B.E or NZCE equivalent (with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a design office for the Intermediate position and 5-10 years’ for the Senior position)
• Conversant with timber, steel, concrete and blockwork design to the relevant NZ codes
• Proficient in the use of CAD (AutoCAD/Revit), Excel and able to write technically proficient reports using Microsoft Word
• Experience in the preparation of Building Consent applications and accustomed to dealing with Territorial Authorities
• Experience in a relevant level of contract documentation and administration as well as project management
• Ideally you will be enthusiastic, competent and possess a problem solving attitude along with excellent communication skills.
In addition to the above, ideally the Senior Structural Engineer will be conversant with earthquake related building assessments including I.S.A and D.S.A design and documentation, be proficient in the use of structural analysis software and possess the ability to relate well to clients. The Senior Structural Engineer will also provide assistance to the Directors in the management of the team, while pursuing the growth opportunities in the region and mentoring the younger staff.
Perhaps you consider that your competence and/or experience falls somewhere between these two positions, we welcome your application nonetheless.
To thrive in these positions you will need to be able to manage your own workload and contribute to team project delivery.
As a member of our engineering department you will be well supported within an experienced team, we will support you with Continuing Professional Development and offer additional benefits such as health and income protection insurance.
Remuneration for these positions will be based on experience and competency.
We are a diverse employer and provide a flexible working environment.
These positions are both permanent full time
If either of these positions sounds like the ideal opportunity for you then we would love to hear from you. To apply or to request a full job description and learn about the benefits Smart Alliances Ltd can offer, please contact the Practice Manager firstname.lastname@example.org +0064 3 579 6211
Or post your CV and cover letter to:
Smart Alliances Ltd,
PO Box 546,
Attention: Suzette Sloane
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa